Intresting Finding-and a little gloating!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Intresting Finding-and a little gloating!
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 09:49:41 -0800 (PST)
Hey all,
        The other day I wrote that I had changed the oil in my dashpots.
The intresesting thing about this is that the shop put in the special made
stuff, and I put in regular engine oil, 10W-40. My hunch was that the
reason we had been having problems with the car was becuase the special
made oil was too light. Sure enough, putting in heavier oil seems to have
solved many problems (timing solved almost all the rest). Has anyone had
this same expierence? What about Marvel Mystery Oil? I was thinking of
trying that. BTW, the car a '66GT6 with 150CD Stroms.
        Now for the gloating part! As I had figured, the shop set the
timing dead on with the timing light. While that's all well and good, you
then need to set it by ear, keeping it a close to the dead on mark as you
can. So I did just that this afternoon and proceeded to get the car to pull
from a dead stop in fourth, something it hadn't wanted to do before.
Needless to say, considering I usually have major trouble fixing it, I'm
very proud of myslef!

Thanks all!

Jeff Stovall