Re: (TR) Spit-6 back on Road!!! (X-post)

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: (TR) Spit-6 back on Road!!! (X-post)
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 07:43:08 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net, Scions of Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 30 May 1995, R John Lye wrote:

> On May 30,  2:43pm, Greg Meboe wrote:
> you can feel the diff lock when you rotate one wheel backwards.  And yes,
> my TR-4 does have a Detroit locker.

        Another "feature" of the Detroit Locker is the odd and occasional
        "clunks" and a pull to the right under hard acceleration... Yup,
        my `4 has a "locker" too... I wanted a Salisbury limited slip diff
        but IF you can find one, the price is astronomical. So I settled
        for the locker and it HAS helped my autocrossing.

        Tah,

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois