(TR) Spit-6 back on Road!!! (X-post)

To: Fine Fellow Scions <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: (TR) Spit-6 back on Road!!! (X-post)
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 10:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Scions of Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Well,
        For those of you who read subject lines, you'll see that I just
got the Spit-6 back on the road.  Boy is it an exhilerating ride!  I'm
amazed at what a loud car it is.
        Saturday I saw an ad in the paper for some Spit parts near Seattle,
and I went to check it out.  The guy had 1/2 of a garage full of Spit
racing parts. 2 complete cars, 6 engines, you get the picture.  Since my
differential is whining like a banshee and leaking like a seive, I asked him
if he had any spare diffs.  He did.  I bought a rebuilt (at some time) 3.6
detroit locker for $75.  With the help of my brother-in-law (14 yrs), I
installed it on Sunday, but not before dropping the old one on my finger,
Ouch.
        The new diff is great.  It doesn't whine or leak oil, and I like
the slightly taller ratio (was 3.89 before).  Only strange thing is
getting used to a locked 'differential'.  The car doesn't like to turn
to radii of less than about 20 feet.
        So Dianne will drive the Spit for the next week or so while I
pull the Jag apart to replace/fix the: front suspension noise, valve
cover gaskets, spark plugs, A/C hose connections, Fog Lites, Transmission
Filter, oil filter.

        It sure is great to be driving the Spit again.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6