Re: TRIUMPH TR6 WANTED

To: "Scott W. Paisley" <paisley@boulder.nist.gov>
Subject: Re: TRIUMPH TR6 WANTED
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 16:49:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 25 May 1995, Scott W. Paisley wrote:

> Kevin wrote:
>
>  > worked.  But I've spent about $4k getting everything back to tip-top shape
>  > mechanically, and I still have most of the interior and a good paint job
>  > go...  Not to mention all the time I'm spending.  Admittedly, I haven't
>  > spent my money wisely and I've made mistakes along the way;
>
> Welcome to the club Kevin!  :-)  We call that tuition.  You gotta pay
> for your education one way or another.  Lord knows, (well, my wife
> knows :-) how much I've put into our '75 TR6, and I know I'll never
> get back the money I put in it.  But if we had bought a new car 4
> years ago (say a Miata) I would have lost more money that way, and
> wouldn't have had near the education!
>
> You don't always get what you pay for, but you pay for what you get.
>
> -Scotty

Kevin,
        I once read an article about land and home purchasing which had
an interesting conclusion where it stressed the value to you, not
neccessarily the dollar value.
        At the end of the day, we all know that these cars can be a pain
in the buttto maintain, but there's nothing quite like the achievement of
repairing/restoring and driving a british roadster. These feelings cannot
be duplicated by driving all the "other" boring sedans available these
days, and, that's what ownership of these cars is all about...how we feel
about them, not how difficult they are to maintain.

Sincerely,

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University