Re: TRIUMPH TR6 WANTED

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRIUMPH TR6 WANTED
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Thu, 25 May 95 13:10:18 CDT
Chip wote:
> I went and looked at a 1971 TR6 around the Baltimore, Maryland area, which
> was selling for $7,200.  This seems kinda high since the car had a bad case
> of rust...

I think its way high too. New paint only covers old problems and if it was
that bad it will probably be a basket case in three years again. IMHO
you're far better off to wait for one that wasn't Bondo'd to death and
resprayed just to sell, that approach does not encourage a quality job.
I've seen several _rust-free_ unrestored cars in decent mechanical shape
for $5K-7K and bought one. If you want nice paint and recent restoration,
the going rate seems to start at around $8K and go well above $10K.

Besides Hemmings and want ads, join some clubs to get the newsletters and
go to British events. Unfortunately the last issue of Moss's flyer said
they would no longer do vehicle ads - :-(

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com