Re: the discouraging differential saga continues...

To: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: the discouraging differential saga continues...
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:48:35 -0400
nope.   then again.... it's not easy...
but possible to jam a wedge in between the
spring plate and body sheetmetal to force it
down.  But you're better off (safer, and with
less possible damage) to simply drop the spring
ends from the uprights.  I've even gone to the extent once
of using the stock spit jack 'under' the diff, with a 2"x4"
under the jack, and rope tied up and over the spring.
cranking the jack...will pull the spring down.
BUT BE CAREFUL!    The jack can slip and jump
sideways if not properly secured. And that spring
can be surprising dangerous even under only slight

p.a.y.o.r.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com