RE: A particularly dumb question about hardtops

To: "'Ken Strayhorn'" <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A particularly dumb question about hardtops
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:46:33 +0100
Ken,

I do vaguely remember hearing that the hardtop can be installed over the
soft-top, but I fail to see how.  You would have to remove the rear bar,
otherwise you would not be able to get the rear bolts in, and in any case
the presence of the soft-top would prevent the hard-top fitting snugly down
to the rear deck.

You would also need to remove the brackets at the top of the B-pillars, so
the hard-top bracket could bolt on.  Well, by the time you've done that you
have removed everything that holds the soft-top on, so you might as well
remove it from the car completely!  Although there are alternative, shorter
brackets for the hard-top at this connection, but I'm not sure where they'd
attach?  They may be the answer to your question.
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/spitfire/images/199a.gif shows the alternative
brackets.

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email