Re: A particularly dumb question about hardtops

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A particularly dumb question about hardtops
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:43:45 +0100
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, at around 09:14:46 local time, Richard Gosling
<richard.gosling@exprogroup.com> wrote:
>OK, that explains it, I never had the alternative brackets so I never quite
>understood how they worked.

When I started the restoration of my hard-top, I went out and bought
absolutely every fixing that it was possible to attach (and they're not
cheap!); that being the case, I made sure I worked out how to use them.
<g>

>Still, I'm not sure what the point is.

Nor am I.   I suppose it would be of use if you had nowhere to store the
soft-top when it was off the car (it won't go in the boot), but it
doesn't take up that much room in my mother's garage, or so I keep
telling her...   Besides, if that was the situation, where would you
keep the hard-top when it was off the car?

>  Once my hard-top is on it stays
>there for 6 months, and once it comes off it stays off, so the 2 minutes I'd
>save by not having to undo the extra 4 bolts that hold the frame on is
>hardly worth it.

Agreed.   I can't see me ever wanting to put the hard-top on with the
soft-top in place again.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671