Re: Velocity stacks WAS: [Fwd: SU Carb rebuilding]

To: "Joe Curry" <Spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Velocity stacks WAS: [Fwd: SU Carb rebuilding]
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:26:56 +0100 (BST)
Thanks Joe,

I'm a sucker for anything that has the possibility to make my car go
faster.. especially when its just a bolt on piece of metal... I've ordered
them.. so we shall see.....

For those interested, a few more interesting SU links Ive just found:

Tips etc... some sound a bit scary - to start filing away at SUs....

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk:80/spitfire/images/46a.jpg

Some more stuff:

http://www.prestage.com/partsthatwork/kn.asp

I also found a few other pages stating the use of stub stacks (K&N ones at
least) *does* make a difference. So I reckon, averaging it out, and taking
in to account engine size etc - about 1-2bhp for a Spit....

Right, now Ive got to find that Pug 205 radiator and electric fan -
another few bhp for that....

James