Re: Velocity stacks WAS: [Fwd: SU Carb rebuilding]

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Velocity stacks WAS: [Fwd: SU Carb rebuilding]
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:37:47 -0700
James Carruthers wrote:

> Can anyone else vouch for the claims made by this website that velocity
> stacks make a big difference?
>
> I've been tempted by the stub stacks (same thing right?) that K&N make for
> their filters - but at 20 pounds for 2 little pieces of metal I always
> thought they were a bit pricey.

James,
In general velocity stacks do work but since they vary in size and
shape, one cannot say universally whether or not any particular ones
work better the others.  Only testing will reveal that difference.

The value of velocity stacks in their ability to help the air move into
the carbs more smoothly with fewer eddy currents that develop without
them.

Regards,
Joe