RE: Tax Disc . Now Bad Roads, Now Self Serve Gas!

To: "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Tax Disc . Now Bad Roads, Now Self Serve Gas!
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:32:18 -0400
The problem with full-service gas stations (I am stuck in New Jersey, one
of two states that still have them) is that there is usually one
attendant to service 4 to 6 or more pumps.  So you spend more time waiting
in line, and waiting for the guy to put away the hose afterwards, than
it takes to actually pump the gas.  If you stop at a NJ turnpike rest
station on a summer weekend, there will be a line of 8 or more cars at each
pump!

Plus, the Spit has the gas filler on the top, and there's no way
the guy can stand there and hold the nozzle the whole time, since
so many other cars are waiting for him...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit