Re: Tax Disc . Now Bad Roads, Now Self Serve Gas!

To: bradrichardson@juno.com, herald1200@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Tax Disc . Now Bad Roads, Now Self Serve Gas!
From: "Kristi Richardson" <lytabyron@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:34:20 -0700
One thing Brad forgot to mention, that really irks him: Once in Central
Oregon at a Mom and Pop gas station a 12-14 year old boy was pumping gas for
his parents. It's too "dangerous" for us grownups, but we should trust
children to be able to do it competently.

Brad also neglected to say that the attendants "allow him to pump his own in
the Spitfire" because he gets out of the car and when the kid comes over to
pump, gives them "the look" and asks if he can "trust him" to pump the car.
They generally back away and say, they will supervise Brad doing it instead.
He scares'em pretty good. ;o)

I am surprised that anyone on this list, that takes such care of their cars
would be against self-serve gas. It's not like gas station attendant is a
specialized career or needs an expert to do properly, in fact after pumping
so many cars each day, they tend to get careless.

But each to his or her own.

Kristi