RE: The Thieves are Back

To: "'Catchpole, Pat'" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: The Thieves are Back
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:46:34 +0100
Pat said:

...Many people (including myself) think the disc should be made obsolete...
The
government argues there would be no easy way to ensure a vehicle had valid
insurance / roadworthiness...

This is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard.  If this was a genuine
concern, we could keep the disc system, just not have to pay for it.  Or we
could be issued insurance discs from our insurers (not a bad idea in any
case).  The DVLA keeps records of all this stuff on computer anyway, so
no-one needs a paper disc as ultimate proof of anything.

Sorry, I said a few minutes ago that my rant was over!

R & D

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email