Re: Bodywork

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Bodywork
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:36:51 -0500
Michael,
here I am again. We'll try to comment on this problem.
Wilf has been in body restorations for most of his life. Without seeing the car,
what you are describing seems to be way above your capabilities to be able to
handle the repairs yourself. You'll probably also don't have the tools or the
facilities for the job.
The way it looks, panels have to replaced, or partly replaced, which includes
welding. Aluminum [aloominum]and mesh repairs are for the amateur and will not
stand up. Your car deserves better. You should find out, what lies beneath the
auto body filler and paint, to assess the condition of the body, before you
agree
to repairs with the local panel beater. It could be costly.

Before you do any more work, or spray anything, we have the feeling, that you
have to repair the metal first. Rust will prevail, it always does. You seem to
have a lot of damage everywhere.
Replacement of the sills is of a difficult nature in a convertible.
Sorry, bad news.

Wilf and Liv
67 Spit