Re: seat belts

To: Gary Hutton <hutton@evansville.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat belts
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:20:04 -0700
Hi Gary,
    I found old Volvo seatbelts had most of the necessary requirements.
They had a retractable device that bolted with one large bolt - same as the
Spit should.  The had a flat loop to change directions of the belt at the
top of the wheel well, held again with one large bolt.
    Only difference was the buckle end.  Instead of a solid mount boulted to
the tunnel, it has a web strap.  I took these to a safety harness maker and
had the anchor and buckle stitched to the correct length of triple ply web.
Had to bend the bottom of the anchor to allow the web to fit up beside the
tunnel.

Everythings worked fine for about 7 years.

Cheers, Fred

I wondered if anyone on the list has had any experience

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada