Re: seat belts

To: Chris Sharp <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Subject: Re: seat belts
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 18:20:38 -0700
While I agree that old seat belts are less than 100 percent save, the old
(early 60's) airplane style belts and buclkles can be reused
by simply replacing the webbing.  It is easily done by anyone with an
industrial sewing machine and some nylon webbing od the same
size.  Those buckles were made so that wear is not really a problem. If they
are not rusty, they should last for years if cleaned up.

ANd here's the kicker:  If you want to have an original style belt and buckle,
those round or square indentations that originally had
foil logos glued in will accept some reproduction decals that I have made up.
They are $4.00 per pair.

Regards,
Joe Curry