seat belts

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat belts
From: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:40:46 -0600
Good morning all,

I am planning to give myself functioning seat belts for my 76 Spit this
Christmas and I wondered if anyone on the list has had any experience
using belts from cars from a junkyard - it seems that most belts are of
a pretty standard design (excepting those that try to strangle you when
you close the door) and would therefore be easily adaptable to the spit
and hopefully a little cheaper than the new retractables from the Big 3.
Anybody tried this?

TIA,

Gary Hutton
76 - 1500 "Stinky" (per my 8-yr. old daughter)