Re: seat belts

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seat belts
From: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:42:35 -0500
The ones in my spit are from a Toyota of some kind or another.  I have the
early type that just eye bolt to the floor.  You can get new belts from JC
Whtney pretty cheap as well as from I think I saw them in the eastwood
catalog? and I know I have see them advertised in Grassroots Motorsports and
in a couple of the restoration magazines.  They are pretty cheap for what
you get.  I was suprised that they were available at all.  I know if I was
making them I'd have myself insured to the teeth!

John D Knox

ditto on the getting new ones.  They don't last all that long.  Feel a new
belt and look at how it gives and stretches, and then go look at any belt
that is a few years old.  There is a real difference.  Besides the
difference in cost won't be that great unless you know a different junk yard
than I do.