Re: Support Vehicle

To: metaz76@earthlink.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Support Vehicle
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:17:22 EST
If the problem you're having is that the car stays dead until you let off on
the throttle, try replacing the fuel filter if you haven't already.  I've
seen them cause that same symptom.  The next place I would check would be the
fuel pump rather than the carb (btw.. I'm suprised an '85 wasn't FI, guess
I'm used to German cars).  If the engine just hesitates when given full
throttle then picks up again after a second or two (throttle still open) I
would suspect the carb (the accelerator pump to be specific).

Hope this helps.

Bill J.
'68 GT8