LBC Humor

To: Spitfires Maillist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Humor
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:02:06 -0500
I was driving to work this morning when my Spitfire quit
in the damp weather. I was sitting in the car at the side
of the highway, contemplating my next move, when a pigeon
flew down and landed right in the middle of the hood of
the car. It seemed fairly tame, and I soon became
fascinated watching it up close as it strutted around
and made cooing noises.

A few minutes passed, and two more pigeons flew in and
joined the first bird. Pigeons seem to be attracted by
crowds, and soon I was sitting there with a whole hood
full of pigeons, all cooing loudly and beginning to change
the color of my hood.

Gradually I noticed that the birds seemed to be trying
to get my attention, which was unnerving, since I had
always regarded pigeons as rather stupid birds. But, sure
enough, several of them were dragging a piece of rope
around on the hood, and several others were flying out
in front of the car and returning to the hood.

All of a sudden, I realized what they were doing, so I
yanked open the door and wildly chased them all off.

No darn way was I going to be pigeon towed!!

Have a nice day...

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire (not pigeon toed!)
Thornhill , Ontario.