Re: seatbelts

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: seatbelts
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:13:29 -0800
Graham,

During the energy crisis of the 1970's President Carter enacted a maximum 55
MPH speed limit nationally.  That limit was abandoned and discretion given
back to the states to set the maximum, up to 75 MPH about 5 or more years
ago.  Most of the speed limits on local California freeways top out at 65
MPH, but in the desert or less populated areas, it's up to 75 MPH.

Most folks around here drive an average of 70-75 MPH on the freeways
regardless of the posted limit.

Cheers,

Jeff