Re: Carbon Canister

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, kenwc@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Carbon Canister
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 18:38:42 -0400
When I had a SU setup on my '72, I just left the canister purge line
unconnected.
The gas tank will still be vented thru the canister, except that the canister
will
quickly become saturated with gasoline fumes and not really do anything.

A MK III setup should have a PCV valve (a big metal one) on the manifold, which
connects via a short host to the valve cover;
you could in theory connect the canister vent line to that (via a T-junction)
and it would work original '72 configuration.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit