RE: Market-specific production variations

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Market-specific production variations
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:38:48 -0400
I thought it was their status as trucks that exempted them from gas mileage
regulations...

and I dunno, around here (and I'd not say this in person to anyone, or in
mixed company) the average driver is a, er...female (human).  in fact, of
my neighbors, four have new(ish) explorers/broncos/excursions and they are
all women, yet none with kids, and none haul anything more than themselves.
 the s/o's friend also made her _father_ buy a new explorer for her because
her '95 mustang was 'starting to get a little old', and 'these just drive
so much better'.  may MY father buy ME a new car when I'm almost 30!  two
other neighbors are on WAITING LISTS for next year's models, because theirs
aren't big/new enough!  however, I guess if the husbands want to foot the
bill, it's their money.

it is, however, a personal point of pride that my s/o wants a boxter.  now
where'd I put that spare $40,000...

scott