Re: cooling systems

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs"
Subject: Re: cooling systems
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:51:37 -0500
At 09:00 AM 8/15/02 -0400, Fred Thomas wrote:
>I have been using a radiator rust preventive called ="No-Rosion"= with
>100% satisfaction for the past 10 years, it works as described, never seen
>any rust or scale in any radiator on any car I own, and remember I do not
>change anti-freeze every year I do this about every 5 years or so, very
>good product for rust protection in any type car.

I don't enjoy wattering down another person's enthusiasm (much), and I do
realize this could start a flame war, but just as a point of comparison, ....

I have been using a 50/50 mix of ethelyne-glycol (standard "permanemt"
antifreeze) and water in all of my cars for decades, many hundreds of
thousands of miles, with no other additives of any kind, and a flush and
change of fresh coolant every 3 to 5 years.  I too have "never seen any
rust or scale in any radiator on any car I own", and am very happy with the
results.  I have no idea how to evaluate any product that may or may not
make any improvement over perfection (or at least adequacy), so why waste
the money.  I would however subscribe to using a corrosion inhibitor in
plain water if you didn't have to worry about sub-freezing weather conditions.

$.02 (and let the feathers fly),

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.vom/~bareymg