Re: treadwear rating

To: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: treadwear rating
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, James Creasy wrote:

> rough, but on my light car, there doesnt seem to be any measureable wear on
> them from street driving.  not having to change tires is a wonderful
> luxury!!!  plus you can surprise the heck out of vettes, porsches, vipers,
> etc on freeway on-ramps.

Do R tires actually work appreciably better than street tires under daily
use?  I would think that they wouldn't get hot enough to really perform
their best, wherease regular street tires are pretty much designed to work
"cold".  Also, for those of you who do this, do you notice tire
performance degradation exclusive of wear; i.e. heat cycling or hardening?

KeS