Re: treadwear rating

To: Clifford Richardson <the_brain7@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: treadwear rating
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:03:17 -0700
There is no class that requires you to use the same model of tire that
came with the car.

Street Tire allows you to use any tire that's not specifically made
for competition (which is why there's a minimum for the treadwear
rating).

Stock allows you to use any tire that is approved by the DOT for use
on the street, including competition tires like the Kumho V700 and
Hoosier A3S03 (or whatever the alphabet soup is for that tire).

The Novice classes have the same rules as Street Tire for tires.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94