Re: treadwear rating

To: Clifford Richardson <the_brain7@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: treadwear rating
From: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:57:30 -0700 (PDT)
As long as the tires fit on the stock wheels and you don't need to modify
bodywork to fit them, you can run absolutely anything you want in stock
providing it is DoT approved, available in a requisite set of sizes.
Its all in section 13.3:

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/stock.html#s133

They usually approve all tires that are equally available to all
competitors.

The only exception to this is the new Kuhmo tire, whose eligibility has
been withdrawn because Kuhmo couldn't make enough of them in time for the
nationals (but an exception was made for this in the first place anyway).

        Giles