Re: Pre-'75 car choices

To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Pre-'75 car choices
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:18:03 -0800
On Friday, December 29, 2000, at 10:00 PM, Scot Zediker wrote:
> > This made me think of the old Volvo coupes from the late 60's/early 70's.
> > think they were just called the 1800 or something, not entirely sure.
> Look
> > a bit like a Karman Ghia with a Jaguarish front end, and fins on the rear.
>
> Yup, that would be the Volvo P1800.  Nice looking car, unlike other Volvos
> of that era it doesn't look like the box it came in :)  I don't know how
> good it would be as an autocrosser, but it would certainly be a nice
> addition to a car collection.

Oddly the P1800 wasn't actually built by Volvo but rather by Jensen in England
using Volvo engines and a few other Volvo bits. They even had Lucas electrics!
Must be pretty stout cars though, I've read of a couple topping the 3/4 million
mile mark.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl               | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA    | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com