Re: Pre-'75 car choices

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pre-'75 car choices
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:24:52 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Phil Ethier wrote:
> Spridgets are not getting that expensive.  The "Bugeye/Frogeye" body-style
> is the one that is getting the "collector" treatment.  Spridgets have about
> the best steering in any car.  Watch out for rust, as these are among the
> first monocoque roadsters.  You may need early-model seats regardless of the
> year car, to be able to fit, especially if you put in a roll bar.

I was casually reading this thread and realized that I actually know
something useful here!  :-)

non-bugeye sprites aren't psycho amounts of money.  I don't remember
exactly what my dad paid for his, but for a car that needed some
restoration work, a trailer, and a parts car, it was under $5k as I
recall.

Btw, he's since restored the car to "driver" condition (mechanically
excellent, paint is average) using original parts (i.e. still uses points
& lever shocks & such).  He was talking about selling the car a while back
as he bought a miata and now the sprite doesn't hardly ever get driven.
If anyone's interested, let me know.  I think it could also come with a
single axle trailer if desired.

Mark