Re: The REAL Issue

To: "Team.net Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:53:39 -0500
> The 2 categories came from different origins at different times, to appeal
> different demographics.  Get used to it...

Exactly. The same objections were levied against SM. Your comment describes
it perfectly....

Demographics has been a part of Solo2 at least since the creation of
Prepared and SP. It's quite possible that Solo2 itself is
demographics-based. But, I'm not THAT old.... :-)

> The problem is that the SP rules have not kept up with technology and the
> current competitors don't want any take-aways.  So, we just have to accept
> the way it is.
> I had a choice to build an ESP car, or a CP car.  I chose CP because I
> thought I'd be more competitive for a longer period of time with less
cost.
> Each category serves its own purpose even though P doesn't build on SP.

Obviously, I made the same choice... <grin>

Mike CP58