Re: The REAL Issue

To: "Team.net Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:59:51 -0500
> No Mike, it is allowed in Prepared and CP too.  You can run any non-stock
> fuel injection system that you want as long as you take the apprpriate
> weight penalty.  ;^)
>
> Eric Linnhoff in KC

Ok, but it still illustrates the point that Prepared is more restrictive
than SP on certain items, but completely unrestricted on others. That weight
penalty is not assessed in SP.

So, why is it that a $5000 FI system is ok in SP, but you have to have the
stock cam, while in Prepared, you can have any cam/heads you want, but
there's a penalty for any alternate induction other than what's listed in
the book?

Seems to me that Prepared would be less restrictive on BOTH items than SP. I
know the cam/heads/induction would work a helluva lot better that
way....<grin>

Mike CP58