Re: The REAL Issue

To: msmith2@columbus.rr.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 02:59:43 EST
In a message dated 12/12/00 7:04:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
msmith2@columbus.rr.com writes:

> OK, but it still illustrates the point that Prepared is more restrictive
> than SP on certain items, but completely unrestricted on others. That weight
> penalty is not assessed in SP.

The 2 categories came from different origins at different times, to appeal to
different demographics.  Get used to it...

> So, why is it that a $5000 FI system is OK in SP, but you have to have the
> stock cam, while in Prepared, you can have any cam/heads you want, but
> there's a penalty for any alternate induction other than what's listed in
> the book?
>
> Seems to me that Prepared would be less restrictive on BOTH items than SP. I
> know the cam/heads/induction would work a helluva lot better that
> way....<grin>

The problem is that the SP rules have not kept up with technology and the
current competitors don't want any take-aways.  So, we just have to accept
the way it is.
I had a choice to build an ESP car, or a CP car.  I chose CP because I
thought I'd be more competitive for a longer period of time with less cost.
Each category serves its own purpose even though P doesn't build on SP.

CHD