Re: The REAL Issue

To: "Team.net Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:08:49 -0500
> Yes, we could have linked them.  However, enthusiasts were driving cars on
> the street that had wider wheels and wheels of larger diameter (+1 and +2)
> than the small roadrace related wheel sizes.  We were also using carbs on
> street cars that were in excess of that allowed in Prepared.  To limit SP
> the restrictive P rules would've sent a lot of legitimate SP competitors
to D
> and E/Mod.  I'd submit that the Prepared rules were the problem...
>
> CHD

Ok, let's make this a bit more modern...

Enthusiasts are driving cars on the street that have (various mods done by
the younger set).  They're also using induction on street cars that is in
excess of that allowed in Street Prepared.  To limit SM to
 the restrictive SP rules would've sent a lot of legitimate SM competitors
to E/Mod.  I'd submit that the Street Prepared rules are the problem...

There, that sounds more like what's happening today. Did SP take as much
flak back then as SM takes now?

Mike CP58