Re: The REAL Issue

To: lollipop@ricochet.net, msirota@isc.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:01:59 EST
Pat Kelly writes:

> The rule makers could have linked SP with P if they wanted to
> (as in wheel sizes, carburetion, etc.); they didn't. And we've been

Yes, we could have linked them.  However, enthusiasts were driving cars on
the street that had wider wheels and wheels of larger diameter (+1 and +2)
than the small roadrace related wheel sizes.  We were also using carbs on
street cars that were in excess of that allowed in Prepared.  To limit SP to
the restrictive P rules would've sent a lot of legitimate SP competitors to D
and E/Mod.  I'd submit that the Prepared rules were the problem...

CHD