Re: STS Tire Rules

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:26:39 -0600
>-I don't happen to agree with Steve H. regarding ECU's.
==========================
I just wanna know what he charges.  ;^)

>-Fuel can be tested.
==========================
Rule is already in place.  "Pump" gas is required in Stock.  What ever that
means.

>-There are FAR bigger gains to be had by designing a tire
>to beat the '140' rule, than by fudging the DOT rule.
===========================
And easier too.  Simply put some of the V700 rubber compound into the Ecsta
712 mold around the standard carcass.  It's actually too easy.

I've heard the "spec tires" argument and while that would work, it stifles
individuality and screws the guy who comes to the game with another brand of
tires.  I think most of the STS folks would comply with the spirit of the
rules even if there were cheater tires available.  I however am still
wrestling with that scenario though.

So Roger, do you see _any_ way to make an enforceable STS tire rule?

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full,
and scratch where it itches."
The Duchess of Windsor when asked
what is the secret of a long and happy life