Re: Oil

To: tcbracer@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil
From: HAVOCDEAN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 02:53:11 EDT
Hey,

     As I remember, DuPont, the maker and or inventor of TEFLON does NOT
recommend it used in internal combustion engines. I'm no engineer by any
means, but I look at it this way. They seem to have a hellava time making
TEFLON stick to our frying pans. I don't see how TEFLON would stick to engine
parts coated with oil!!!!!

   As for oil, I have a 1987 Mustang 5.0 with 193000 miles on it. It has been
raced hard and has had no failures using regular oil. I do use Mobil 1 in all
of my vehicles now, but these vehicles don't have the miles on them that the
Mustang has, so the jury is still out.

     I also recommend to my customers a 3k oil change. Why, its better to
safe then sorry. It can't hurt.

Dean Sapp
Sapp Performance Center, Inc.