Oil

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 10:59:11 -0500
God, but Saturdays are boring on Team.net!

I use Castrol Syntec oil in my personal vehicles, changing the oil every
5000 miles.  I sell Castrol GTX to my customers with a recommended
interval of 3000 miles.  In my race car I had been using GTX, changing it
every 2nd event.  I tried the Valvoline VR-1 racing oil and then the
Redline, but I can't see a particular advantage.

What oils are other people using and what are the perceived advantages?
Is this Redline oil really worth $7.00 a quart?  How often are you other
guys changing your oil?

Jon FP 73