Re: Require SCCA membership?

To: Walter Fooshee <WALTER@inacompnet.com>
Subject: Re: Require SCCA membership?
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:50:16 -0800
I can't believe that no one has yet mentioned that the San Francisco
Region required membership for decades, before that rule was recinded in
the last few years to try to help increase turnout (we'd lost a couple
of local sites, and attendance waned as we had to travel further -- and
at the same time the economy went through a downturn).  Even while
membership was required, there were several local events back then at
over 200 entries, and a Divisional ('89, I believe) with over 300
entries, if memory serves.

It seems to me that if you are going to limit entries, then limiting it
to members makes a lot of sense.  After all, anyone can become a member,
and then the club gets something out of it too.

Josh