Re: Why smaller wheels in Prepared?

To: autox@autox.team.net, cmdaugherty@tyler.net
Subject: Re: Why smaller wheels in Prepared?
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 09:35:35 -0500
Hello list
I have pondered this  very question myself. Wouldnt it be neat if SP wheel
rules were the same as the Prepared? Then if you raced  your car in SP for a
couple of years and decided to jump to P you would already have the correct
wheels and wouldnt have to spend another grand for a new set of wheels. This
would help bring back a little economy into our"grassroots" sport. If you
retired from autocrossing you would have both the P and SP group to sell your
used wheels to. Same thing if you continued to autocross but got a different
car. Pardon my economy mindset, my motto is"budget racing" although I am sure I
didnt invent this Phrase.
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 KC region

>>> "Craig M. Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net> 04/23 1:49 PM >>>
All this talk about slicks vs. DOT tires caused me to wonder why the
Prepared classes have restrictions on the wheel sizes when Street Prepared
doesn't?

Craig Daugherty
Tyler, Texas
1990 Nissan 300ZX non-turbo, FS