Re: Why smaller wheels in Prepared?

To: "Craig M. Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Subject: Re: Why smaller wheels in Prepared?
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:42:36 -0700
The Prepared classes were listed before the Street Prepared, which came into
the program with the idea of allowing cars that run with a lot of different
car tweaks and wider rims than allowed in Prepared. So SP got almost "free"
wheel sizes, while the Prep classes, which are/were somewhat related to our
road racing brethen's rules, had limited wheel sizes, and carburetion, for
that matter. But you can take all the upholstery out of Prepared, can't in
SP. So Prepared has smaller widths than SP. And Prep is allows the racing
carcass slicks (no sidewall strength, lighter), while SP has to stick to a
"street" tire which is supposed to be able to handle the bumps in the road,
so to speak.
    Generally speaking, that is.
--Pat Kelly