RE: spin control and laying blame

To: "'Justin Hughes'" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Subject: RE: spin control and laying blame
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:54:23 -0600
>>It then turns into a game of chicken - someone else will try it at 92%.
>You'll have to take it at 95% next time.  They run it at 97%, they run 100%,
>you run 100%, but whoops, your 100% is less than their 100%, cones fly, WHAM!
>So much for the Mustang... <<

NO!  Not the Mustang!!! =:-O

Again, I'm doing this to have fun.  If 90% is my comfort level on that turn and
I'm getting beaten badly, so what?  It's not like I've never lost before.  I do
get your point, not everyone is as laid back as I am.  Than again, someone is
always willing to spend $500 for a widget that gains them .1, I'm not.

>>When professional drivers hit a wall on the track, do they blame the course
>for putting a wall in front of them?  I think not.<<

My point exactly!

>>If an "idiot driver" pulls a maneuver like this and spins wildly for 50'
>before coming to a safe stop, the experience would probably teach them that
>what they just did was a bad thing, and they wouldn't do it again.  Both
>scenarios teach an important lesson.  One of them doesn't cost them a car in
>the process.<<

I agree completely.  That is what really good course design is about.  My only
issue was with those that think if they damage their car it's someone else's
fault.

Cheers,
Tom