RE: Spin Control and Laying Blame

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spin Control and Laying Blame
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:17:24 -0600
I just want to clarify, because this seems to be getting out of control with
everyone using extreme examples to make a point.

I think, and hope we all agree, that good course design will minimize the risk
to objects and people.  One of the selling points I use when getting friends to
try it, is that there is little or no risk to the car.  I'm very thankful that
some people are dedicated, imaginitive and trained towards making Solo II fun
and safe at the same time.

I also think, and hope we all agree, that a course designer cannot possibly
envision and design for every possible mistake or problem.  Maybe a mechanical
failure at the worst possible time, <warning, extreme examples> maybe total
brake failure at 60 mph, maybe a novice driver that thinks his new Golf GTI
will slalom at 60. Sometimes, feces occurs!  When it does, the ultimate
responsibility is with the driver.

Someone said the rulebook states that risks should be no more than encountered
in normal street driving.  Let's keep in mind that street driving is not
without risk.  Neither is getting out of bed in the morning.

OK, I'm finished... talk amongst yourselves :o)

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra, Mystic #1345/2000 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (mostly modified)
'59 Triumph Model 10 Sedan (mostly in boxes)