RE: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: "'Joshua Hadler'" <jhadler@rmi.net>, richj50@bit-net.com
Subject: RE: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:49:05 -0600
>  I think the
> reasoning behind proposing Stock legal exhaust in SP is that regardless
> of the tweaks and gains one might find in the ECU, the required stock
> exhaust will mean that only minimal gains will be had from engine
> goodies. I don't know if I agree with it or not, but it does seem to
> create a safety blanket of sorts, ensuring that a turbo SP car can't
> suddenly find class-killing power overnight.
        ---

        Then re-classing the cars is what needs done, not forcing ONE very
specific type of design to bolt on yet -another- limiter because it's a
better design.

        Not my fault a well prepared ESP F-Body can kick my arse all over
the pavement, so dont make it my fault I drive a superior design under the
hood that isnt well suited to short bursts/lengths of torque.  If suddenly I
can remove my exhaust and go from a second behind to a second ahead of the
ESP pack, reclass me.  But since removing my entire exhaust does NOT make
that kind of improvement on my car in ESP, it's unfair to force me to limit
the STOCK characteristics of the motor under the hood.