Shaved Tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shaved Tires
From: PgrMstr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:12:20 EST
I recently bought my first set of R compound tires (Kumho's) from Tirerack. On
the advice of an fellow Integra driver, I got the front tires shaved. During
balancing at the local tire dealer, he said one of the shaved tires is quite a
bit out of tolerance. I did notice that the depth on one side is noticably
deeper than the other (top to bottom...not side to side). The question is
should I try to get a replacement or will this quickly round itself with some
wear? Or will it wear oval as it is now? Perhaps a good burnout or two??

Jeff MacRae
Philly Region
97 GSR Sdn