Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: Perry Kincy <kincy@ccnet.com>
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:28:13 -0500 (EST)
> Rich, the last time this came up it was considered but rejected.  However at
> the time I recall that a number of prominent cars in SP were not street
> driven.  I don't know that is the case now.

But the issue really isn't whether the people winning have street driven
cars.  It's probably true that most of the nationally competitive cars are
weekend drivers at best.  What I think about are the thousands of daily
driven SP cars that are NOT nationally competitive, but are street-illegal
and poluters nonetheless.

> The cat may be a big thing in CSP
> and DSP with the smaller engined cars.

If everybody had to run the cat, then it wouldn't hurt anyone.  If
anything, the cars that would be hurt the most would be the turbo cars,
and now they may have to put their cats on anyway under the proposed rule
change.

Rich Johnston
95 Z28 ESP