Re: MR-2 stops running at 5500 rpm???

To: greendot@excelonline.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MR-2 stops running at 5500 rpm???
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:16:52 EST
greendot@excelonline.com writes:

<<  I don't know what 5-SFE stands for, but the GSI used what I've
 heard referred to as the "Atlantic" engine, I think, and a friend
 has one running in ITB.  I'd bet a six pack on this one ;) >>

I think you're talking about a 4AGE engine, whih is the basis of current
Formula Atlantic motors.  It was also the 1ST Gen MR-2, FX-16, and Corolla GTS
motor.

 > however if you were asking about a small block Chevy, I'd
 > tell you that your hydraulic lifters were pumping up, holding
 > the valves open.

 <<Of course, if it was a small block chevy, you'd be happy to get
 power to 5200!  >>

 > In your dreams :0

I know, I know, just couldn't resist.  I've seen plenty of stock Chebby V-8s
with sub 6000 redlines.  Not that it applies in BSP.

CHD