Re: MR-2 stops running at 5500 rpm???

To: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MR-2 stops running at 5500 rpm???
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:38:15 -0600
>>5-SFE 2.2 Litre?  I didn't think that was in the Prizm...

>I don't know what 5-SFE stands for, but the GSI used what I've
>heard referred to as the "Atlantic" engine, I think, and a friend
>has one running in ITB.  I'd bet a six pack on this one ;)

The "Atlanic" reference makes me think that they're using the 4AGE engine.
This is used as the basis for the Toyota "Atlantic" Formula racers. Stock
form is 1.6L DOHC 16 valve with 118 hp and about 100 ft/lbs torque. Newer
versions have the 20v head and put out more. In Atlantic form it puts out
about 245 hp.

Steve Hoult  '89 MR2 SC ASP9
Subscribe to the MR2 SC mail list at
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/mr2sc