Re: Image Awareness (aww, how cute)

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>,
Subject: Re: Image Awareness (aww, how cute)
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:49:09 -0600
>With the exception of Denise McCluggage, Shirley Muldowny and Lynn St James
>I personally can't think of any other prominant female drivers (outside of
>autocross).    Yet all three of those ladies have proven that they can
>compete SUCCESSFULLY with their male counterparts.  Given the right cars of
>course.
====================
This past Sunday, I don't remember if it was a re-broadcast or not, there
was a NASCAR race in which a woman took 2nd place at the checkered flag
behind a first time ever winner.

I thought it was pretty cool.  From her post race interview, she had
definitely "paid her dues" and was finally at the right place at the right
time to win a 2nd place finish against an all male field.

So, not always is 2nd place "the first loser".  At least in my opinion
anyway.  I was rooting for her the entire race just because she had that
underdog factor. I'm a big underdog fan and actually hate it when one of the
top dogs wins yet another race.  I've always liked Rusty Wallace over the
likes of Jeff Gordon because to me Rusty always sorta has that underdog
status.

See, I am wierd.   ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Take a ton of bolt and steel
A whole lotta sweat, a set of wheels.....On the Speedway.
The flag is down, pistons pound
Plenty of engines ripping around......On the Speedway.
"Speedway" by Elvis Presley