autox-cm

Re: Balance question

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Balance question
From: Martin's <martin_93555@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:24:11 -0800 (PST)
I think shocks are good.  I've had them back to Fox
for factory rebuild.  Also at the ill-fated 06
nationals (my only cm natl try as a result of last
minute parts failure on my cp car), the shocks were
played with by the Fox guy there (don't remember his
name, but he had a shock service van).

Joints (all heim) look good and don't rattle when
suspended and shaken.  But I haven't disassembled. I
am seeing a little play in one CV but I'd be surprised
if that could radically unbalance a car.

Maybe it will just remain a mystery.  You guys are
more up on this stuff than me but still don't seem to
have a magic fix.  My next step will be new 25B's all
around and 20% softer rear springs. (Front seems
already pretty stiff to me) Is there a consensus on
which Hoosiers to use?  There used to be a choice of
narrow or wide fronts.  And are tire pressures still
in the mid teens?

Thanx -- Bill