autox-cm

Balance question

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Balance question
From: Martin's <martin_93555@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:54:30 -0800 (PST)
Kinda puzzled here.  Bought a Lola T540 many years
ago, set up for solo (then national champion).  Made a
lot of experimental changes over the years but I was
always able to return to original baseline with good
results. But I only drive the car occasionally.

Recently baseline gives undriveable oversteer and I
can't figure out what's happened.  I'm at max ft
swaybar and disco'd rear swaybar and shocks set for
full understeer.  Can barely control the oversteer.
I've put on new rear tires leaving 2-year old fronts
on with no improvement.

Obviously I can change springs, but I shouldn't have
to.  UNLESS:  have Hoosier FF tires changed
dramatically the last couple years, and rears no
longer produce earlier grip?

  Thanx,  Bill